The Energy Audit
It’s Likely you’re spending much more on utility bills than you need to be. Using the latest technology, including a blower door to assess air leakage and infrared thermography, a comprehensive home energy audit will point out leaks in your home’s thermal envelope, deficiencies in insulation, and other opportunities to stop heat loss and reduce energy consumption, while improving the comfort and safety of your home. Our comprehensive audit report will include a prioritized list of potential improvements and an estimate of the savings from each improvement.
The Comprehensive Home Assessment
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® can help you lower your energy bills and make your Long Island home safer and more comfortable. It all starts with a Comprehensive Home Assessment.
The home energy audit consists of extensive diagnostic testing and assessment of your existing home conditions, including:
- Health and Safety Tests (Carbon Monoxide and Combustion Safety Testing)
- Air Leakage Tests (Blower Door Testing)
- Insulation Level Verification
- Heating and Domestic Hot Water Efficiency Testing
- Cooling System Efficiency Testing
- Assessing Lighting Upgrade Opportunities
- Distribution System Leakage Testing
- Assessing Major Appliance Upgrade Opportunities
- Sunshine Solar will develop a workscope for proposed improvements, including a cost and energy savings estimate.
How is it done?
We use a number of diagnostic tools during your Comprehensive Home Assessment. Some of the tools used are:
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) Analyzer: Important Health and Safety tool
- Blower Door: Measures the air tightness of a home and aids in identifying areas where air leakage is occurring
- Duct Blaster: Measures how “leaky” the ductwork is in a home. (This tool would only be used in a home that has a forced air heating system and/or central air conditioning.)
- Infrared Imaging
- Combustion analyzer